Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Conrad Bo. Interviews himself regarding The Superstroke Art Movement


I walk into the interview room and there I sit. The atmosphere is quite intense as this is the very first interview with myself. I have decided to make it more authentic to give myself 2 names Mr. A and Mr. B.
Conrad Bo sit anxiously and wait and as I sat down we begin the interview.

Mr. A
Hi Conrad Bo how are you today, you seem a little messed up in the head. Let me fire away. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Mr. B
I guess interviewing myself.

Mr. A
Before we start talking about The Superstroke Art Movement, tell me a joke


Mr. B

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: “My friend is dead! What can I do?”

The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: “Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead.” There is a silence, then a shot is heard.

The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: “OK, now what?“

Mr.A
That joke really suck, and to spare you any further embarrassment I will not ask you to tell jokes anymore. Tell me about The Superstroke Art Movement?

Mr. B
In short, The Superstroke Art Movement was created in 2008 as a reaction to The Superflat Art Movement, founded by Takashi Murakami. As I myself was extremely influenced by Picasso, Giacometti and Van Gogh, I could never in my own mind produce a good Superflat painting, and decided to rather start an art movement that focuses on expressive brush strokes. I used the name Super instead of Hyper, Extreme etc. to acknowledge the influence of The Superflat Art Movement in The Superstroke Art Movement.

Mr.A
You are talking in circles get to the point, what does The Superstroke Art Movement trying to achieve?

Mr. B
The short answer to that is, where The Cubism Art Movement focussed on the cube, the Superstroke Art Movement focuses on the super expressive brush stroke.

Mr.A
I am tired of your art theories. Thank you for the interview we will do this again soon.

Mr.B
Thank you. And please ask better questions next time.


2 comments: